Every marriage is a lifelong covenant of love and fidelity. If both parties are baptised, marriage is also a sacrament. Applicants are invited to read the church ==guidelines== on Marriage

Pre-marriage Inquiry

  1. (Pre-marriage Inquiry)at least six months in advance, make arrangements with your own parish office and/or a priest to complete the pre-marriage inquiry as soon as possible﹔
  2. Submit the required documents (as follows):
    1. a baptismal certificate issued for marriage purposes – valid for only 6 months (obtainable at the parish of baptism)﹔
    2. Certificate of Registrar of Marriage – a Certificate of Registrar of Marriage (a marriage license) – valid for only 3 months (obtainable at the Government Marriage Registry)﹔
    3. a Certificate of Completion of a Pre-Marriage Formation Programme (organized by the Caritas or the Catholic Marriage Advisory Council) (To secure a place for such a programme, better apply 3 to 6 months ahead of time. Caritas: Tel. 2669-2316; Catholic Marriage Advisory Council: Tel. 2523-3682)﹔
    4. Any other relevant documentation (e.g. “Freedom to Marry Testimonial” in certain cases)

The Wedding Ceremony (in a Church in Hong Kong)

  1. The couple is required to register in the office of the parish chosen for the wedding to make necessary arrangements at least six months in advance. The date of the wedding can only be confirmed after the completion of the pre-marriage inquiry as well as upon the submission of the documents concerned. All documents and fees must be handed in to the parish office at least 40 days prior to the wedding. If the date of wedding has not been confirmed, the parish will not be responsible for wedding invitations sent out or other arrangements made.
  2. If it is discovered that the couple has made false declarations concerning either party’s free status, the couple will not be permitted to hold a church wedding.
  3. The couple is required to pay prescribed fees to cover the cost of the services concerned.
  4. If a guest priest is to perform the wedding, please inform the parish office in advance. If the priest is from abroad, he needs to contact the Parish Priest at least 2 days prior to the wedding in order to understand local regulations.

Sacraments Before Marriage

The Church earnestly advises Catholics to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation and the Holy Communion before their wedding. Those who have not received the Sacrament of Confirmation should receive it before the wedding.

Application:==Download the application form==

* For inquiries, please contact the parish office. Email: [email protected]

Published on: 23-01-2019 (Last modified: 23-02-2019)