Infants / children meeting the criteria for this Sacrament could join the church through Infant Baptism. Applicants are advised to read the Diocese’s guidelines on Infant Baptism. For children not meeting the criteria, they could enroll to Sunday School and be further assessed if they are suitable to receive the Sacrament. Please find more here on Sunday School.
Items to note for Infant / children baptism applications
Dates for the 2018-2019 infant / children baptism
Schedule Date of baptism Application deadline First 06/01/2019(Sun) 18/11/2018(Sun) Second 21/04/2019(Sun) 24/03/2019(Sun) Third 7/7/2019(Sun) 2/6/2018(Sun) Fourth 13/10/2019(Sun) 15/9/2018(Sun)
Infant / children baptism formation gathering
Both parents (even if one of them is non-Catholic) and godparents MUST attend the pre-baptism formation gatherings scheduled. For English-speaking applicants, please contact the Parish priests for arrangement of the pre-baptism formation gatherings. If any of them could not attend all the gatherings, they need to choose another scheduled date of baptism to ensure all involved have attended the required gatherings.
- The parents need to select godparents for their child.
- Godparents should live a life of faith : attend Sunday masses, receive regular reconciliation sacrament, live a life with prayers and good deeds and should promise to help the child to grow in religious faith.
- The child’s parents cannot be the godparents.
The parents should choose a Christian name for their child in advance.
Documents to be submitted
Photocopies of the following MUST be submitted along with the application form:
- Birth certificate
- Parent’s marriage certificate
- Certificate of Baptism (Parents)
- Certificate of Baptism (Godparents)